Author Topic: About me  (Read 49341 times)

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
Re: About me
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2008, 04:50:31 AM »
hey

my fav book i don't hav one, but anything from Stephen King - will make me happy, i have this little thing ummmm more like an obsession for horror things, by any author as long as its horror, i'll read it Twilight the movie just came out here, i haven't seen it, but i heard its good.

have you read the book Tara Road, by Maeve Binchy, its also a movie, its good you should read it or see it, its abnout two women, ones just found out her husband been having an affair and got this chick pregnant, the other woman lost her son the day of his 15th birthday and shes not over that, they swapped homes for i think its 2 months and thjey get over they problems, but don't met face to face until the 2 months were up. its good.

Shelly xx

And now I'm glad I didn't know, The way it all would end the way it would go, Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance, And I wouldn't miss this for the world

Garth Brooks - The Dance-

Offline Chris T

• Old Timer
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:31 PM »
Shelly - Have you read Stephen King's latest "Duma Key"? It is quite good, about this builder that is nearly killed in a construction accident and has his brain quite jostled and then he goes to Florida to rehabilitate - it has ghosts and pirates and the most interesting characters even a brief cameo from Salvador Dali

Jen - Ah The Lovely Bones - I read that book from cover to cover when my wife and I flew to Russia to pick up our amazing rugrat - Corey. I was so angry at God for not allowing me to have children naturally - that book spoke of a forgiveness to self and others that goes far into eternity - is Peter Jackson making it into a movie yet? Before THE SHACK came along, it was The Lovely Bones that helped bring me out of the funk of anger and shame. What did you like about it?

Happy 2009 my friends  :)

jen1970

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2008, 07:17:11 PM »
Hi beautiful,

Happy new year sweetcheeks!

Bet its gonna be crazy hot over your way! My girls and I are off on a road trip for 10 days, but I wanted to check in here first before we leave.

My daughter has,just as we speak finished Twilight, and could not put it down.  Now I'm gonna read it.  I'm currently reading Dear Fatty by Dawn French, she is an English comediene, it's hilariously funny, and pretty sobering also, it's like reading her diary. I'm really loving it.

I've heard of Maeve Binchy, that story might be a bit too close to my own lol. Im really not a big reader, I wish I had a passion for books, but I really don't. I'd read less than 5 books a year I guess.  I did read a couple of Bryce Courtnay books, The Power of One, and Tandia, really really enjoy his writing, and The Power of One is one of my all time fav movies.  I love it

The Lovely Bones... whats not to love chris??? The entire thing from go to woe, had me captured and swept away, laying next to suzie on a cloud watching from heaven, or grieving next to her father in the darkness of his house. I was completely spellbound. I have just got Dom to read it and he loved it too. I just connected with 'something', and it moved me so much.  Yes its in post production now. Release date for US is Dec 2009.

Check out the cast!  Very very exciting, I am beside myself with anticipation of this movie lol.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380510/

OH MAN ... thats so cool, you adopted a child from Russia! I love that, SO MUCH.  My neice and nephews are from China and The Phillipines respectively. They ROCK, I love them to bits, they are every inch Kiwi, but their parents are right into keeping their culture alive and well.  I love the colour they bring to my family, its a beautiful thing. I bet you're such a great dad chris, you'd play the best games and be a total fool for your kids to get them to laff.

Happy new year to you and yours chris!

xx

Offline Chris T

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
Thanks Jen for the Lovely Bones movie info - you ROCK ;)

Happy 2009!

chris

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »
hey

happy 2009

yeah unlike Jen i can read a book a day and never get sick of it, i was reading novels in yr one and ever since, its more a get out of reality thing at the moment, i read and i can imagine everything thats written. its a good thing at the moment hols are so boring here in S.A.

no i havent read  Duma Key yet, im reading the Dark Tower series at the moment, im waiting for mum to buy me the fourth book and the rest of the series cos im really into it at the moment, but we had to wait cos we buy second hand books from a charity shop and they were getting it in from another branch for us.

Jen hope the road trips fun

Shelly
And now I'm glad I didn't know, The way it all would end the way it would go, Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance, And I wouldn't miss this for the world

Offline Ekw

• Not a Newbie
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2009, 08:18:05 AM »
Hi

I love reading. . .When I was 10 I read The Lord of the Rings in ten days! (Three volumes this thick: ---------------------.)
Every wall of every room in my house is covered with books; some are in Arabic.

My name is Elizabeth.

Offline Chris T

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2009, 07:09:07 PM »
Hi there Elizabeth,

Welcome to Shackland  :)

We are a motley online bunch - but the discussions and interchange about God's love, faith and hope have really been encouraging and fun.

Funny you should mention Lord of the Rings...was just watching the extended version of the movie last night with my wife...what an amazing tale of faith, courage, and hobbits and elves and dwarves and Humans learning how to collaborate and work together...

Part 2 is tonight - the Fellowship has now been formed and they are about to head to the Misty Mountains and Mines of Moria

Would love to hear more about your story and how you came to read The Shack :)

All the best,

Chris

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »
hey guys,

the lord of the rings eh, ive read that 2 nd we've got all three movies the courage is amazing, u can't find courage like that easily these days im sad to say.

so tell us more about ur self Elizabeth, im Shelly the one who started this whole convo. cos i have issues.

Shelly

Offline VinceBelieves

• Barely not a Newbie
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
I'd like to offer something very simple.  This is something that truly gets me by.  I lost a daughter to cancer over 4 years ago, August, 2004.  I had a very hard time adjusting, accepting.  I raged and shook my fist at my creator.  I denounced Him and was so horribly disrespectful that I began hating myself, blaming myself.  Then, it dawned on me ... through it all, I never stopped believing.  Yes, I cursed and I swore not to love Him, but, I never denied Him.  I hope you can see the simplicity in this.  I NEVER threw Him away, not that I could.  Even in my most hateful, disrespectful, awful ugly times, He was there.  And once I slowed down, took a breath and thought deeply about it, I realized how much He loved me.  Even in my denouncing Him, I was declaring that He exists.  If He did not exist, there would be nothing to denounce.  Eventually I saw Him as I had not, I prayed for forgiveness and truly feel that He has wrapped His arms around me and brought me back in. 

VerniePooh

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2009, 02:49:42 PM »
WOW,

That was absolutely Beautiful, Vince!   8)

Offline van123

• Not a Newbie
Re: hellow
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
I first want to say that I am sorry for you lost and may god give you peace in mind and in you heart. I know that you have been though alot lossing you boyfriend and others, and let me just say that what your boyfriend did was one of the most greatest things one could ever do and that was  talk to you about the lord and he gets the crown of life from the lord himself. I want pretend to know all the answers  but I believe that jesus wants you to experince his love for you and for you to depend on him completely. For us as humans in  a evil world at the moment, its hard for to trust him because we look to ourself to much and the truth is that good things do happen to us  but as I have lived  bad things do happen to us, but I know that  that god can use a bad problem and make it  heal us  and come close to him. God is not the one to cause evil in our life but he does give us what we need for our healing, this I know for time and time again in my only life, and I know this personaly because I lost my first wife and mother.  This book open my eyes to who god really was and my walk with god has open the doors in my life up and it has freed me.  The bible to me know is gods love letter to me.  Think about this with your boyfriend who past,    He wanted to show the  full goodness of jesus and  to know with certaintey that you will be in heaven  and nothing to fear of death are this life.  But the key is to trust and rest in god my sister.  I pray and hope these words I have written you  help you well.  By the way I read the book 5 times,  and thats how much I loved it               

you brother in christ
Orlando

Offline Tommy100

• Not a Newbie
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2009, 11:41:49 AM »
Hey Shelly! :)

Read your first post monday morning, then lost the thread. So glad to find it again. Cried for you girl, you must be free and happy. Not held down by unhappy things. Find a fun lively church, play in the band. (I play Bass and some keyboards. LOL!) Look out for the random thoughts of ending it all mulling over in your head.

Last year i wanted to end it all a few times. Then after Papa reinged me in i came to realise this.. satan uses your own voice inside your head to suggest all kinds of things to you. It was a shock to me that he was using my voice!  :-X So Shelly. Enjoy your youth, it is a precious time and so fleeting. Dont lose it.

Praying for you,  You have a HUGE family here!! Know it and keep it close to your heart.

Tom

Offline Zander

• Barely not a Newbie
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2009, 02:41:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year.

I just finished reading The Shack yesterday and wasn't quite ready to let go of the connection I felt when I read the book, so I decided to log on and look around and I found Shelly's thread.

After reading all of the entries, I feel like I know you all.  Shelly, Jen, Chris T, VinceBelieves (your story really touched me too).

Shelly, you havent posted an entry since January 4th.  When do you start school again?  Have you gone back already?  How is everything?

I look forward to chatting with all of you more.  In the meantime, thanks for the music and book advice.  As for me, I don't play an instrument, but have been known to tune a guitar by sound and LOVE to sing.

I'm Susanne from Houston, TX   :P

Offline courageous

• Posts WAY Too Much
  • Freedom From...
    • My Business
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
Welcome Susanne from Texas!!  Welcome to the greatest Family I know!

cyndi 
It's time to let go of the proud "survivor" mode and enter the Freedom of Forgiveness.  Thanks Mr. Young.

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2009, 08:42:25 PM »
hey guys soz, i havent bin on

nah school dont start till the 27th but bin busy and runnnign out of internet hours so only using it every few days now

lifes still not good, for me , but slowly things are getting better, buit im not looking forward to school , didn't leave thinsg in good shape friends wise, but i guess i'll deal with that when i get there i guess.

they say your only a kid once, but i wish it over, i hate my childhood, and regret a lot of things, buit im learning from my mistakes. but nothing last forever - hopefully this year will bebetter than those in my past.

hi to you new people hope you stick around for a while

hows the rest of you lot going.

Shelly